Today the Canvas team is thrilled to announce the Canvas Ventures Go-To-Market Council, an elite group of proven operators with experience spanning critical go-to-market channels. The GTM Council provides visionary strategy and tactical expertise to the Canvas portfolio community, helping our founders and leaders navigate the complexities of their go-to-market strategies and unlock new channels for growth.
Our mission at Canvas is to discover, invest in, and partner with the most promising tech entrepreneurs. We believe that a winning go-to-market strategy is critical to any startup’s success, which is why every member of the Canvas team provides hands-on GTM support to our community. We’re also committed to finding the best leaders, strategists, and doers in the business who have years of deep industry experience to provide next-level insights. Enter: the Canvas GTM Council.
The GTM Council will play an instrumental role in helping the leaders in our portfolio unlock growth and drive results. In addition to offering one-on-one counsel to founders, the GTM Council members will engage with the Canvas community through a series of online and in-person events, roundtables, and strategy sessions where each member will share their expertise and learnings. For the wider startup community, we’ll share the ins and outs of successful GTM strategies, campaigns, and know-how through events, the Canvas blog, and an upcoming Forbes column.
With that, we’re excited to welcome the following inaugural GTM Council members. They have played key roles at dozens of category-defining, trailblazing companies. This group of leaders knows how to think big—and how to roll up their sleeves to get results.
- Ali Wiezbowski currently: Peloton; previously: Uber, ShopRunner
- Allan Ng currently: Freenome; previously: Common Networks, Livongo Health
- Andrea Collins currently: Hippo Insurance; previously: PolicyGenius, RouteHappy
- Ashley Blackmon currently: growth & marketing strategy consultant; previously: Pathstream, Zillow Group
- Ashley Chandler currently: Color; previously: Stripe, Google
- Coley Czarnecki currently: Uber Eats; previously: Visa
- David Gee currently: Coherent; previously: Imperva, Zuora, Hewlett-Packard
- Declan Schweitzer currently: Albert; previously: Bird, Headspace
- Geoff Sanders currently: Firstleaf; previously: Casper, Betterment
- Jay Parekh currently: Chime; previously: Braintree, Venmo, PayPal
- Kathryn Ross currently: Airvet; previously: Scoop Technologies, One Medical, Sequoia Consulting, Delta Dental
- Kristin Thayer currently: 1stDibs.com; previously: Uber, Facebook
- Tony Small currently: Wiliot; previously: Pro.com, Convoy, Zillow Group
For more information, head to the GTM Council page to learn more about the members and how they engage with the Canvas community. Be sure to sign up on the page to receive invites to GTM events and stay up to date on GTM tips and learnings from the GTM Council.